1/5/10

Kindle Wireless Reading Device


The Kindle Store: More Than 400,000 Books


At Amazon, we've always been obsessed with having every book ever printed, and we know that even the best book reader is useless without the books you want to read. We are fortunate that we have tens of millions of book customers at Amazon, and as a result, we know the books customers want to read and we prioritize getting those titles. Today, the Kindle Store has more than 400,000 books available, including 101 of 112 New York Times® Best Sellers, plus top newspapers, magazines, and blogs. Our vision for Kindle is to have every book ever printed, in any language, all available in under 60 seconds.
Whether you prefer biographies, classics, investment guides, thrillers, or sci-fi, thousands of your favorite books are available. New York Times Best Sellers and most new releases are $9.99, and you'll find many books for less. Content availability and pricing vary for customers living outside of the U.S.

I plan to use my new Kindle Wireless Reading Device to keep textbooks on hand for the college courses I teach. The availability of these textbooks was the reason I chose to try the Kindle, and I know I won't miss having to carry those books around all semester. However, when I ordered the Kindle I had no idea how valuable the opportunity to sample other books would be. It's wonderful to be able to read the first chapter of a book before deciding whether to order it, either on Kindle or in print. I've always appreciated being able to page through a printed book before buying it; now I can truly sample books electronically.

0 comments:

Post a Comment